I was born and raised in Knoxville. After a jaunt to Texas for college (Sic'em, Bears!), I settled back in Tennessee as a newlywed with my husband in 2005 in the Nashville area.
You might want to know...
- I'm a boy mama and LOVE it. I have two little guys who are 4 and 7 years old.
- I'm a former 4th grade teacher and love talking about reading (or school in general).
- We're a military family. I offer a special discount to other veterans as my way to say thank you for that service.
- My favorite thing to shoot? Easy. Mamas and their babies. It doesn't matter how old the child is; there just isn't anything else like that relationship.
- I happily create portraits, but I also love catching kids being kids-- playing peek-a-boo, climbing a fence, snuggling with mom or dad, reading a book, smashing a birthday cake, etc.
- I have a slight obsession with antique quilts (my husband would say that's an understatement), so I'll probably bring several of them with me for you to choose from.
- I regularly shoot outside in Franklin (and other middle TN locations) and indoors at my studio in Nashville.
- I love cooking! I completed a Whole 30 in January 2016 and another in January 2017, so enjoy reading recipes and researching healthy eating. My family is part of a CSA from a farm in Spring Hill, and I love having access to fresh, in-season food.
- For when we're looking for a treat, I have a serious love of Ellie's Donuts at the Franklin Farmer's Market. I have been known to send my clients over there after Saturday sessions just to try them!